The Master of Science in Sport Management focuses on the high-level management, coordination, development, and operations of athletic teams, departments, and organizations at the amateur, collegiate, and professional sport levels.
The Master in Sport management in a 30-credit hour program preparing students for management positions in athletic administration and sport performance.
Admission is based on the student’s undergraduate GPA, recommendation letters, and/or career experience and pursuits.
For the 2023-2024 school year:
Fall Semester Deadline – May 1
Spring Semester Deadline – Oct 1
The MS in Sport Management is $400 per credit hour.
Here are a few examples of jobs you can pursue after completing this degree. This list of jobs is meant to give you an idea of careers you can acquire after completing this degree, but it is not an exhaustive list.
BS or BA
Possess a bachelor degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent for international students.
Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate studies.
Submit two confidential letters of recommendation, one of which speaks to your academic record.
- Completion of 18 credit hours of required core courses.
- Completion of 12 credit hours of approved emphasis courses.
- Completion of 30 credit hours with no grade lower than a C+.
- Earn a 3.0 or higher grade point average in the graduate program.
- Apply for graduation by the dates posted at https://graduation.utahtech.edu/.
- Gain final approval for graduation from the Graduate Council.
- Completion of all other program and university requirements.
Dr. Travis Ficklin, Ph.D.
Office: HPC 306