- Provide you with the knowledge and skills to advance your career
- Increase your earning potential
- Help your organization achieve coveted Magnet Status or the Baldridge Award
This online program is a Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Administration designed as a completion program for students currently holding an AAS degree in health science fields. This program is available in both traditional and online formats. It allows students who have completed a health sciences-based Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or Associate of Science (AS) degree to achieve a bachelor’s degree within an additional two years that is meaningful, applicable to their field of choice, and may qualify them to move into supervisory roles, and/or progress to graduate programs if desired. This degree will include upper division courses in communication, population health, health psychology, health administration, biostatistics, epidemiology, leadership methods, and research methods, among others. Students will also complete undergraduate research in their field. Completing a bachelor’s degree prepares these graduates to move into supervisory positions with the healthcare system and progress to graduate programs.
Or download an electronic version of the BASHA Program Brochure by clicking here.
Cost Per Credit
Months to Completion
A Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree is generally more career-oriented and focuses less on general education requirements. Additionally, it offers a focused approach giving you real-world skills to apply to your chosen career path.
A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in contrast, places great emphasis on applied knowledge and critical thinking, and is typically more theory-based.
Experience the active and applied learning advantage, designed to prepare you for career advancement or promotion.
Median salary for a Manager with a bachelor’s degree, compared with a Therapist with an associates degree.
Median salary of a Manager with a bachelor’s degree, compared with a Technologist with an associates degree.
Fill out an online Utah Tech University application and pay the application fee.Application
Transcripts & Test Scores
Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If not transferring any college credits or transferring less than 24 credits, also submit high school transcripts and ACT, SAT, or placement scores.
Fall Semester 2022
Next start date for this program. Students may apply and be admitted in the fall and spring semesters. More information can be found in the Academic Calendar. Visit the link below.
32% Job Growth
The growth in health administration positions between 2020 and 2030, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The annual mean income of health administrators with 5+ years of experience, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
How do I apply for admission?
First, determine which category of student you are:
- New Student – A matriculated student who has never attended any college or university, including students who earned credit before graduating from high school.
These students are NOT concurrent enrollment or early enrollment students.
- Transfer Student – A matriculated student who, after high school graduation, attended another college or university and did not attend Utah Tech University.
- Returning Student – A matriculated student who previously attended Utah Tech University after high school graduation but has not attended in three or more semesters, including students who may have attended another college or university since they were enrolled at Utah Tech University.
- International Student – A matriculated or non-matriculated student who is not a U.S. citizen and has not received immigrant status from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Non-degree Seeking – A non-matriculated student attending college classes for personal interest, enrichment, or growth.
- Home Schooled – Taught at home using other approved curriculum. Certified by Parent/Guardian.
FOR NEW STUDENTS:
- Completed application
- $35.00 non-refundable fee
- Official high school transcripts or GED scores
- Test results (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer)
- If you are a transfer student, we need official college transcripts for all schools attended. If transferring more than 24 credits, however, then high school transcripts/test scores are not required. Submitting test scores may still be helpful, though, depending on which classes you are enrolling in for prerequisite checking.
- To see requirements for the additional student types, refer to the Admissions Summary Sheet.
How do I order a transcript?
Transcripts can be ordered from your high school or college/university you previously attended. Some schools and institutions allow you to order your transcript online; check with your school for ordering instructions and pricing. For more detailed information on how to order transcripts, please follow the links below.
High School Transcripts Instructions
College Transcripts Instructions
Please allow time for the transcripts to be received and processed. If you have questions about if we have received your transcripts, you can contact us at 435-879-4323 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will my credits transfer to Utah Tech University?
Once we have received your transcripts our registrars office will perform a transcript evaluation. This will tell us and you how your credits will transfer. You can also use our Transfer Guide to give you an idea of how your credits will transfer.
Why can't I log in to MyUT?
The most common reasons why students cannot login include:
- You are not fully admitted yet
- You are admitted but aren’t entering the correct login & password (call 435-652-7777)
- You have entered the incorrect password more than three times and have been locked out.
- Your web browser is not accepting cookies (see google’s article: How to Enable Cookies).
Your username is your Digital ID number (must begin with d).
Is my admissions application complete?
Log into your application portal as a returning user. Or contact the admissions office phone: 435-652-7777, or email us at email@example.com
How do I apply for a scholarship?
If you have been admitted by the scholarship deadline, you are automatically considered for all academic scholarships based on your high school GPA and ACT or SAT test scores.
Online Programs Advisor
Office: TECH 107
Utah Tech OneStop Office
Office: Technology Building #114